At the beginning of the year, we are motivated for new beginnings. We want to do new things, or we want to do things that worked in the past, even better.
After a period of holiday fun with the family doing camping, swimming at the beach, hanging out with friends and enjoying our wonderful summer weather, it’s time to get back into gear. Sometimes you have a slow start, other times you hit the road running.
I look forward to many challenges at work and initiatives from Virtual Project Consulting this year. We will launch our very own Podcast series in 2015! I am a contributing author to a book on “Social Media and Project Management” to be compiled by Prof Silvius of the University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands. Also look out for guest post contributions from well-known project professionals.
When you’re responsible for projects you work with people and to have great results you need to be a good leader. In a recent article I discovered these leadership lessons learned from nuns, which touched my heart. I want to make it part of my path to success in 2015:
- Love the journey.
- Live and work your passions.
- Always be grateful.
- Make mistakes.
- Integrity is your most powerful asset.
- Vision, no matter how right, can only be delivered through relationships.
- Success is only success if everyone feels the win.
At Virtual Project Consulting we are working full swing on making new things a reality. To help with two of the most pressing questions project managers have, this is what we cater for:
- Where can I find the best project management training, software, products, books etc?
- How do I become a Project Manager, a PMP or maintain my certification?
Take a look around and discover:
- More project management career information
- More recommendations for training, software and products
- Information for ongoing education for PDU’s for existing PMP’s
- More stories from experienced project managers from the Success Stories Shared initiative
- Social media strategies for project managers
- Project management industry news and events
- More best practice articles from the founder as well as guest bloggers
- Project management podcasts covering best practices, success stories – short audios for easy listening while driving, exercising or during breaks
Please let me know in the comments what specific topics you’re interested in? What would benefit you in your search for information about project management?