Your trusted advisor for the most comprehensive recommended resources for project management training, software, products, books and best practices!
Providing comprehensive Project Management Resources information to the aspiring and existing project manager, as well as practical advice on project management processes, templates and tools based on best practices.
Virtual Project Consulting coordinates the Success Stories Shared initiative.
- Success Stories Shared is about using story-telling techniques to capture the experience of high-performing Project Managers.
- Please contact Virtual Project Consulting to participate and share your project success stories with the Project Management community. You will contribute to retain the wisdom and knowledge for present and future generations.
Virtual Project Consulting recommends comprehensive resources relating to Project Management Training, Software, Products and Books.
- Use this opportunity to have your training, software, product or service listed, reviewed and promoted on Virtual Project Consulting.
- We welcome Guest bloggers to submit articles about project management, leadership and other related topics that would benefit our community of aspiring and existing project managers.
- Sponsored Advertising and Promotional packages for exposure to a large project management audience.
Please Contact Us to partner on:
- A listing on Virtual Project Consulting PM Resources
- Sponsored advertising on Home Page
- Promotion of your product, tool, software, training or event
- Guest blogging
- Fast-track Growth Program for new project managers – accelerated learning to grow critical project management competencies.
- Project Management Social – social media training, a strategic roadmap and action plan to integrate social media onto your projects.
- Project Management Podcasts – project best practice series, project success stories, other free project management resources
Awards / Accomplishments
- Contributing Author to the book: “Strategic Integration of Social Media into Project Management Practice“
- CIO Award for Delivery Excellence, 2015- Woolworths, South Africa
- Virtual Project Consulting Listed under 100 Top Sites for Effective Project Managers
- Listed under Proofhub’s Favourite Project Management Bloggers of 2014
- Several articles published in the Project Manager Magazine
- Gold Project Award for Delivery Excellence, 2011 – Microsoft Consulting Services, South Africa
Make projects work for you:
- to achieve objectives
- to make changes in your business
- to service your clients and maximize profit
- to develop new products or services
FOUNDER, Linky van der Merwe, Certified Project Management Professional, PMP
As a professional project management consultant, a small business owner, wife and mother of three, Linky’s story is one of a passion for delivery and striving to reach your full potential.
With more than 16 years Project Management experience and having a track record of more than 40 successful projects, Linky has a flair and passion for delivery through projects. She is an active member of Project Management South Africa (PMSA). For the past 12 years she has also been a Project Management Professional (PMP) which is a certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
She is the founder of Virtual Project Consulting, a company dedicated to equip and empower new project managers on how to become professional project managers, and existing project managers to become certified by recommending training, software, books and products. She educates through her blog about project management, best practice and tools and coaches project managers to become social media savvy.
After completing a BA Psychology degree at the University of Stellenbosch, and a Diploma in Computer Commerce in 1993, she gained valuable Information Technology experience while working in IT positions in the United Kingdom for 2 years. Back in South Africa, she worked at a big Life Insurance Company as a Server Engineer (MCSE) and became involved with IT projects. Since 2000, she worked as a professional project manager for a global IT Outsource Company, T-Systems, one year in the Tele-Communications industry at Vodacom, a subsidiary of Vodafone, 6 years as a Project Management Consultant for Microsoft Consulting Services, South Africa and currently at the major Retailer, Woolworths South Africa.
Linky believes that any person with the aptitude for business and a positive attitude, can be equipped with the required skills to help themselves become the best they can be.
She has a philosophy of lifelong learning in order to reach your full potential that God intended for you.