Agile is a topic of growing importance within the project management industry, and more project managers are embracing Agile as a technique for managing their successful projects including PMI who is launching an Agile Certification.
Growing Demand For Application Of Agile Practices
A recent statistic which emerged from PMI’s latest Pulse survey is that standardized project management practices result in better project performance. Many project managers who use Agile techniques for managing projects have seen the value of quicker delivery of projects to clients.
PMI research has revealed that 68% of organizations using Agile practices would find value in an Agile certification for project management practitioners. In addition, 63% of hiring managers would encourage their project managers to pursue an Agile certification.
Organisations have reported that the use of the Agile techniques have resulted in the following:
- Early and continuous customer feedback – because the customer is continuously involved during development, resulting in an end-product to their satisfaction.
- High visibility and influence over the project highlights problems earlier in the project.
- Early measurable return on investment – allowing for reporting on defined deliverables early during the process.
Who Should Obtain PMI Agile Certification?
All PM Practitioners currently applying Agile practices in their projects or organizations who are adopting the Agile approach to project management are all excellent candidates for the PMI Agile Certification. Earning the Agile Certification could:
- Demonstrate their level of professionalism in Agile practices to employers
- Increase professional versatility in both project management tools and techniques
- Show their project management leadership capacity by holding a more credible certification than training-only or exam-only based training
PMI serves the project management profession by providing practitioners with a toolbox of selected tools and techniques—and Agile is one of those tools. For example, those who have the PMP® and are working in an organization that is using Agile techniques, the Agile Certification provides an applicable knowledge base of Agile principles and concepts.
Important Dates For Agile Certification Launch
- May 2011 – Candidates for the Agile certification will be able to submit an application for the pilot.
- August 2011 – Pilot testing is scheduled to begin.
If you have questions that cannot be answered by the information on PMI.org/Agile, please contact PMI Customer Care based in your region:
North America/Latin America at email@example.com
EMEA +31-320-239-539 or firstname.lastname@example.org
AP+65 6496 5501 or email@example.com